mythweaver2025: Creativity! (Determined Creativity)
[personal profile] mythweaver2025
I walked past our shelf of poetry books this morning, somewhat dusty from neglect, and thought 'I should be using those - they might re-spark some creativity!' I grabbed the nearest collection 'Poetry from 1870-1914' and flicked ...

--------------------

Extract from 'Spring' by Gerard Manley Hopkins (1844-1889)

Nothing is so beautiful as Spring -
When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush;
Thrush's eggs look little low heavens, and thrush
Through the echoing timber does so rinse and wring
The ear, it strikes like lightning to hear him sing;
The glassy peartree leaves and blooms, they brush
The descending blue; that blue is all in a rush
With richness; the racing lambs too have fair their fling.

----------------------

(glances out of the window)

Very pale blue sky, bright sunshine, and the glimmer of fading frost. Early spring, bringing promise to the world - well, my bit of it, anyway!

Profile

mythweaver2025: Dragon (Default)
mythweaver2025

May 2025

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 15th, 2026 05:30 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios